Thursday, July 26, 2012

Reliving the Glory Years!


 A Message from the Alum

Katie Medlicott

Alpha Gam Alum, Katie Medlicott, graduated from Sonoma State in the Spring of 2010 and now resides in beautiful San Francisco.  And what does Katie miss most about college life? Yep, you guessed it… sorority!  During her years in AGD she held the positions of Sunshine Coordinator, Vice President Operations, and Vice President Scholarship.  Katie was a Communications major and minored in Business, and she now works for Kraft Foods in sales.

For Katie, graduated life is a lot worse than college life, as she comments “I ask my dad monthly to pay my rent and he replies laughing at me.   Although “working is awful”, she says “I am lucky because I live in SF where a lot of SSU Greeks move post college, however I miss my sorority sisters who live in Socal and other places.”

Her favorite memory in Alpha Gam is going to Doddville, Haley Dodd’s house on Clearlake.  She says “we had Sister Retreat there and it was so fun being in bathing suits and jumping in the lake with all best friends!” 

Katie feels lucky to "have found the best friends in the world through AGD” and she says “I just miss hanging out with my friends at all times of the day and just cuddling with them.”  As she reminisces, she adds,  “I just miss them all so much. It’s like even when I’m with them I miss them.” She wants all of our sisters to remember to “love each other so much where it physically hurts, cause you hold them so tight.”

Katie embraced by best friends and alumnae Gillian Huggins & Audrey Kennedy

Advice to current AGDs:

“My advice would be to cherish these college moments because you will not always be lucky enough to live in such close proximity to the ones you love the most, and its so very heart breaking. But once you do graduate make sure to take frequent girls trips so you can stay in touch always!"

 

xo