Friday, August 3, 2012

Shining the Spotlight On...


Juliana DeBattista

 Get excited Squirrels, because this semester we will be welcoming back our beloved sister, Juliana DeBattista!  Our sweet squirrel pledged in Fall 2011 and will be going into her Sophomore year at Sonoma State.   In light of her return, she says, “I cannot describe in words how eager I am to be back at school with my friends and surrounded by my amazing sisters! I have had a rough time being away for so long and want nothing more than to just be back at school and apart of the AGD fam again!” She is ecstatic and simply cannot wait.

Juliana (Center) with her Big, Ali Moody, and God-Big, Allyssa Perez

Over the last year, Juliana spent her time off back at home in Belmont, CA and told the Spotlight Squirrel a little about what she has been up to:

“On my year away, as most of you know, I was in intensive treatment for about the first five months and I was home focusing on my recovery. I also enrolled in online classes at a local community college while in treatment so I wouldn’t get so far behind, despite what my doctors wanted me to do, which was nothing except to get better! I have a hard time doing that haha. The larger part of the year has, and continues, to be recovery focused and ensuring that I have a strong foundation to return to school! Other than recovery and doctors appointments my days consisted of a lot of movies on the couch, Fifty Shades of Grey, sun bathing, and getting out doing something with someone whenever I could! Pretty much I have been cooped up and I am ready to spread my wings and live life again!”

Juliana says her favorite part about Alpha Gamma Delta is the people she has met and the memories she has made!  This year she will be living with three fellow Pledge Sisters, Sammi Balliet, Madi Burton, and Amymarie Tomaino in the Emerald Pointe Apartment Complex!  Looking towards the upcoming year, she says, “I am excited just to be back period! I am excited to participate in Recruitment, and get a Little hopefully! I more than anything just want to feel apart of AGD again and be with you guys! I also am excited to live off campus with three amazing girls and be single. YAY!”

Roomie lovin with Sammi, Madi, Juliana & Amy

Although Juliana’s major is currently Undeclared, she plans to major in Kinesiology, with a concentration in Exercise Science, also known as Pre-Physical Therapy.   In this pursuit, she received an amazing opportunity this summer "to shadow a physical therapist in the Pediatrics Child Development Clinic at Lucille Packard Childrens Hospital”, which she will begin in the upcoming week.

Way to go Juliana! We are so happy you will be coming back to us this year, and we look forward to an amazing semester!  Can’t wait to see you in a few weeks!

Juliana with her new sisters on Fall Bid Day 2011

 xoxo